A WORKBOOK FOR UNDERSTANDING PERSONAL FINANCE
The Financial Freedom workbook is a road map of the perilous highways and bi-ways of the personal finance world. Though the landscape has changed, success in navigating still remains an achievable goal. A person who attains financial freedom scales that summit by making sound choices, staying true to themselves, living within or even below their means, paying themselves first, and remaining devoted to a solid set of priorities. These principles have always been true; it’s just the world we apply them to has changed.
Mountains of consumer debt, the number of graduates returning to the nest with a suitcase full of college loans, and the increasing threat of cyber-attacks are enough to frighten anyone.
Financial Freedom is designed to provide content for use within the classroom to improve students’ financial literacy skills while meeting the Next Generation Sunshine Standards and reinforcing FCAT tested skills.
It can be used as a text or supplement in a Financial Education class or as a self-study guide in the financial literacy component of an Economics or Financial Algebra class. It is appropriate for use from middle-school to adult education classes.
The Florida Council on Economic Education is thrilled to announce that copies of Financial Freedom are now available due to the generous support of Wells Fargo, Florida Blue, EverBank, AAA, T. Rowe Price, and Drummond Press.
WANT TO BECOME FINANCIALLY FIT?
Recently, Florida adopted new standards for Financial Literacy, which include: Earning Income; Buying Goods and Services; Using Credit; Saving; Financial Investing; and, Protecting and Insuring. Based on the National Standards for Financial Literacy, the Florida Financial Literacy standards are illustrated on the topic pages on this site.
Watch below and see how you can become Financially Fit!
For more videos & tutorials on Financial Literacy Standards for Florida CLICK HERE
Information for Ordering:
- Workbooks are available in any quantity for Florida teachers. If you are a Florida teacher or work with a Florida not-for-profit organization we will supply you with the books for free.
- If you are an out-of-state teacher or not-for-profit we ask that you pay shipping costs and you are limited to one order of 30 workbooks per semester.
- If you are a for-profit company/organization you will be asked to cover the cost of books and shipping at $75/ case. We will not send your books until this has been completed.
If you have any questions, please call us at: 813-289-8489.
View Financial Freedom Contents
- Managing Money
- Smart Saving
- Searching for a Job and Earning Income
- Using Credit Wisely
- Car Ownership and Financing
- Reducing Risk and Understanding Insurance
- Finding a Place to Live
- Avoiding Identity Theft
- Planning for Higher Education
- Investing for Your Future
Become A Sponsor
Download Information Sheets