Governor’s Awards Program
May 2017 • Central Florida
For 37 years, the Florida Council on Economic Education (FCEE) has recognized Florida’s most outstanding teachers for their creativity in presenting lessons in economics, personal finance and entrepreneurship. Open to all K-12 teachers, the Governor’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching Economics is a celebration of best practices and a way of acknowledging the innovation that teachers bring to the classroom.
At the Governor’s Awards, the FCEE will award best practices in five project based categories for elementary, middle and high school grade levels. The FCEE will also recognize one project applicant who is either a first year teacher or new to teaching economics as the Rookie of the Year, and an outstanding Stock Market Challenge educator for Stock Market Challenge Advisor of the Year. Project winners receive:
1st Place winners for each age group in each category: $500
2nd Place winners for each age group in each category: $200
3rd Place winners for each age group in each category: $50
As always, we will recognize one teacher as our Charles C. Harper Economic Educator of the Year. The Harper Award, which includes a $1,000 cash prize, goes to a teacher who has demonstrated leadership in financial literacy, free enterprise and economic education over a sustained period of time, with evidence of creativity and innovation in teaching these concepts at the local, state and national level.
At GAP, educators from around the state gather to share ideas and inspiration. We provide a breakfast, professional development workshops, a luncheon, and special park passes for you and your guests. It’s a day all about YOU!
Applying is easy! Simply choose a favorite lesson you taught this school year that involves economics, personal finance, entrepreneurship, or free enterprise, fill out our online form and attach the lesson (including supplemental materials). Once we receive your application we will mail you an invitation to be our guest.
The deadline to submit your application is April 15, 2017.
Click Here for general guidelines and category information.
- Stay Tuned For More Details -
Download List of WINNERS
Judging Rubrics & Helpful Tips To Win
2016 Event Photo Gallery
Become A Sponsor
For a listing of Sponsorship Opportunities still available. Please call us at 813-289-8489.
Become A Sponsor
In Kind Donations Provided By:
- Adventure Mini Golf
- The Alden Beach Resort
- Bok Tower Gardens
- Capt. Gus’ Crabby Adventures
- Congresswoman Kathy Castor
- The Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Cool Beans Indoor Playground & Café
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants
- The Dali Museum
- Florida Collegiate Summer League
- Florida Holocaust Museum
- Grimaldi’s Pizzeria
- Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Jacksonville Suns
- Landry’s, Inc.
- Lee Roy Selmon’s
- LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
- Lion Country Safari
- Marineland Dolphin Adventure
- Miami Children’s Museum
- Miami Seaquarium
- Monkey Jungle
- Ocala Palms Golf & Country Club
- Old Florida Museum
- Old Town Trolley Tours
- Oriental Trading Company
- Orlando Science Center
- Pioneer Florida Museum
- Ponce de Leon’s Fountain of Youth
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not! Odditorium
- Ripley’s Red Train Tours
- Sand Dunes Beach Services
- Sandoway House Nature Center
- Seasons 52
- Skydive DeLand, Inc.
- Sleuths Mystery Dinner Shows
- Sonny’s BBQ
- Spanish Military Hospital Museum
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park
- St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum and the Colonial Quarter
- St. Lucie Regional History Center
- Sweet Tomatoes
- Tampa Improv Comedy Theater & Restaurant
- Tree Hill Nature Center
- Universal Orlando® Resort
- University of Central Florida Athletics Association
- Village Inn
- Zoo Miami